7.11.21

Spells Book.

The front of my Spells Book with props. 

The back of my Spells Book with props. 

The Spine of my Spells Book with props. 

Close up of back. 

Close up of front. 

Page in book
Source: Free Printable Spell Book Page from The Country Chic Cottage


Tutorial: 

Supplies gathered together. 
Old Book (Thrift-store), Ruler, pencil, Chip-board letters, black paint, paint brushes, Hot Glue, Hair Dryer, Pencil, Gold metalic acrylic paint, foam brush, plastic skeleton (Dollar-store), Brads, Tweezer, Paper piercer, photo mounting squares, gauze, scoring tool, silicone mat, etc. 

Tim Holtz Elements
Grunge board 

ArtMinds™ Mini Glue Gun.

PLAID MOD PODGE: 4OZ MATTE

I measured the the placement of brads and letters with a pencil and ruler to the front of an old book.
I attached the chip-board letters and grungeboard with hot glue
I removed the hot-glue tendrils with a tweezer. 
I attached brads on the one side. 

I removed protruding pieces on the skeleton by using pliers. 

I made the holes for the brads with a paper piercer and used a scoring tool to make them bigger. 
I attached the plastic skeleton's head to the back with a brad and hot-glue.

The brads are secured on the inside of the book with photo mounting squares. 

Front of the book painted black and left to dry. 

Back of the book Painted black and waited to dry.
You can speed up the drying time with a hairdryer
I glued a part of the skeleton to the spine of the book
I painted it black and left it to dry. 

I started dry-brushing the brads, letters and grunge-board with gold metalic paint and attached a piece of tattered gauze with modge podge. 
The props are from a dollar-store.

I added dry-brushing with gold metalic acrylic to the skull and glued gauze to the back as well. Let it dry. 

The spine of the book with gold metalic paint brushed onto the skeleton.

Dry brushed metalic gold paint.  Sealed with modge podge. Photo-staging. 

Note: The first book I tried to use had a gloss surface, so the paint scratched off.  Hopefully Gesso would prevent that from happening. 

My Inspiration and Tutorials.

Mixed Media Altered Book Halloween Project - How to Make an Old Looking SPOOKY Spellbook! Karen Campbell MIXED MEDIA

Click here to go to my Halloween Pinterest board for more ideas. 

 
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFBIzDk1X-A]
 
 

The Book of Shadows by The Navage patch.

How to Make a Spell Book from Ehow.

Spell Book DIY - Halloween Decorations by Mr. Otter Art Studio

HOW TO MAKE AN ALTERED HALLOWEEN SPELL BOOK COVER

Make It With Mason - Spell Books

You might also like: 

Making Hot Glue Embelishments.

Mixed Media Steampunk style. 

TOKELOSHE ©

 

 

 

No comments: