27.6.18

Lace Masquerade Masks.



I made some Lace Masquerade Masks, with netting and hot glue.






As suggested in the video, I used Wax paper instead of Cling wrap.


I worked on a glass sheet that I had. These are some of the templates I used.




I taped the template onto the glass sheet, then wax paper and then netting.


Hint: I keep my glue gun in a tape dispenser.


When the glue gun was hot enough, I traced the design with Hot glue.


Because I am working on a glass sheet I can turn it around.



 

Hint: Melt away the glue gun strings with a hairdryer.


When I was satisfied, I removed the template and wax paper, I cut the mask out and the eyes open. I soaked the mask in hot water and molded it onto a brass mask that I have, you can also do it on your face.

 

I balanced the mask on a matchbox to paint.


I used a paintbrush and acrylic paint.


I decorated the mask with ribbon, feathers, sequins and Ranger Ink - Stickles Glitter Glue - Black Diamond. 

You might also like :



 

Stampede Olga’s Masks.

Tokeloshe©
   

No comments: