30.6.18

50's Nostalgia.



Me as a 50’s Baby.
The photo is of me as a baby was  taken by my uncle at he’s studio in Alberton, South-Africa. The dress and bonnet were made by my other aunt, my mom’s sister. You can see more photos and information here.







My dad is on the far left and mom is second from the right with the beautiful smile. 
Circa 1955. South Africa.








My husband’s aunt Margaret, Circa 1950. 

“The new movie snaps”, 9 Moseley buildings, Rissik street, Johannesburg, South Africa. 





My mother Miriam Blackie. Badplaas, South Africa.
Circa 1952.
I love her bathing suit and shoes.

My mother Miriam Blackie, Badplaas, South Africa. Circa 1952.





6 WAYS TO STYLE YOUR CAT EYES BY 

The 1950s: A simpler era... or was it? 


 Back In Time For Dinner, 1950s





Authentic Natural 1950s Makeup History and Tutorial


She has 50's Style.


What Did Women Wear in the 1950s?

Sarah's Poodle Skirts.

What do you remember from the 1950's ?



My mom had an electric washing machine with a built in wringer, which used to make a chugga-chugga sound and moved across the floor while washing.

You might also like:
My My Mother in Law and My Father in Law
Photo: Film Tests, 68 Joubert Street, Johannesburg, South Africa, Circa 1951.
Street Photographers-South Africa.

Tokeloshe ©
 

No comments: