16.2.00

Snowdays

Tuesday evening it started snowing! The next morning it was knee deep. I don’t think the postman came. Mr. T. says some people didn’t go to work. Anna, our cat took one look and stayed in. She didn’t feel like ploughing through life-size snow. It snowed all through the day and night and is still snowing. I considered fetching our son, from school, but Mr. T. says it was a good thing I didn’t. The bus got stuck twice. I started snow shoveling.
Our next door neighbor’s car got stuck. He shoveled around it and he’s son helped push. He said that is, as bad as it gets. It is what we imagined when we were in S.A.

When I started to shovel, I couldn’t see where the sidewalk was. The street, lawn, sidewalk etc. was all the same height. So I started shoveling where tracks were, but that was off. As our street is like a cul-de-sac, the traffic leave a track in the middle, but the parking bays are covered with snow.
During the day, I heard radio reports on the traffic, they said Deerfoot Trail looked like a parking area. But, fortunately Mr. T. came home in good spirits, even though it had taken him an hour. The news headline reads: “Storm paralyses city.”

Wednesday evening and Thursday we had more snow. I took photos as the sun was out. You can do cross country skiing in our road. I don’t even know what the rest of Calgary looks like. I believe Calgary’s annual snow removing budget is $14,5 Million!
There were many accidents, one fatality. A 75- year old man had a heart attack while snow –shoveling. Shame.

After I took photographs I did some snow shoveling again. I made a tunnel on the deck, to get to the garbage. The snow on top of the patio table is about a foot high. On Sunday Mr.T. made us Boerewors outside. Then I started the front again.

My arm muscles are sore today. My back stiff.

I WANT TO GO SLEDDING!

Tokeloshe

No comments: