31.3.19

Steampunk Letter.


Steampunk is a subgenre of science fiction or science fantasy that incorporates technology and aesthetic designs inspired by 19th-century industrial steam-powered machinery." -  Wikipedia

Planning my Steampunk/Mixed media Letter. The wooden S is about 9" x 6"

MY INSPIRATION:


Some of the other supplies and tools that I used were:
Acrylic paint, paintbrushes, a press-stud snap-fastener, bottle-cap, key, chipboard scroll 2 by Maya Road, small wooden alphabet, wooden beads, foam brush, string beads ribbon, hot glue, glue gun, tweezers, tooth lock washers, buttons, Lepage Poly Filla Instant Fast Drying Filler, DIY Rust Paste!., Bobbins, a zip pull, sand, puzzle pieces, etc.


Some of the techniques and tutorials I used were:


I covered parts with Lepage Poly Filla Instant Fast Drying Filler for texture, stippling it with a foam brush. I then painted it with Burnt Umber Rust Paint. 


I added Terra Cotta Rust Paint to some places with a stuff brush using a stippling movement.


Lastly I dry-brushed some acrylic gold in places.

"Yes. I know.

You’re asking yourself the question….

How much Rusty, Crusty, Patina Goodness can you stand?"- Heather Tracy



RELATED:


YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: 

Soar.


TOKELOSHE ©

No comments: