1.3.19

My Creation Station.


“Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes and having fun”― Mary Lou Cook.





I mostly do scrap-booking, make Tags, Hatpins and Mixed Media in my Happy Place.

In the winter I work upstairs in our home office, so that I have more natural light, it is warmer than My Craft-room, which is in the basement and I am closer to my family.

 My most used supplies and tools are on the table, a good standing lamp for when it is cloudy and a lazy Susan with more supplies and tools. I use my magnetic (Inspiration) board on the wall to plan and photograph my layouts. (More about my Magnetic board.) 

On my left is my Råskog, which also holds many supplies and on my right is a
portable table.

   

You can read more about my Råskog by clicking here. I have rearranged my supplies, since the previous post.

I got my Råskog cart from Ikea, but similar carts are available from Michael's, Walmart, etc.

 Ikea sells Bygel containers, Antonius divided organizers and Wire Mesh Pencil Holders, which work well with the Råskog. Wire Mesh Pencil Holders are also available from Dollar stores, but Ikea’s fit nicely in the Antonius baskets. The Antonius is slightly smaller than the Råskog basket, but one can tuck things in at the back and the basket also prevents them from slipping down.

 

Some of my Bygel containers are different colors as I got them second-hand, the one's holding my heat gun (Paint stripper tool) and glue Gun are plastic milk pitchers from the Dollar store. My Favorite wood mounted rubber-stamps are in the top-tier in an Antonius basket.

 

Most of my sprays are in the second tier, a magnetic basket with colored photo corners is attached to the side and I keep rags in the Bygel containers.

 

I found this painter’s bucket at a dollar store, it hooks over my cart and has space for my glue gun and glue sticks.

 

My favorite paints are in the bottom tier and I store my Paper trimmer under the tier.

   
I traced some of my templates with a permanent marker on opaque flexible plastic cutting board sheets as used for cooking. I got them at a Dollar-store. I then cut them out, punched holes in them with a hole punch and hung them from a shower curtain ring. They hang on a Magnetic hook form the Raskog. Click Scrap-booking Hints for more information.

 

I have added some portable shelves for more supplies, tools, etc.
It is amazing how much you can have within easy reach in a small space with careful planning.



 I store Stickles, Distress inks, glitter/glue, etc. in Vanity Organizers for lipstick and nail polish. I store them upside down, they fit better and it helps keep the nozzles clear. Scrap-booking Hints.



I have some of my favorite acrylic stamps in a container. Scrap-booking Hints


This was a Thrift-store find. 
A 3 tiered wire rack in a tray on a Lazy Susan, which holds small supplies tools, etc. 
The wire baskets are from Ikea and Dollar-stores. 
The top-tier holds Emory boards (which I use for sanding painted surfaces and distressing), small scissors, etc. 
Center is sticky notes, (used for masking) erasers and photo-corners. 
Bottom tier holds Adhesive, eye-shadow applicators, etc.
In the tray at the bottom are my punches.


The stainless steel containers with photo corners are from Dollar-stores.


When it's too cloudy to work I do Scrapbook planning and filing.


You can read more about my planning here.


I have my albums, files and some sewing supplies up stairs.

 

I gather possible supplies from my  My Craft-room in Iris® 13″x13″ Stackable Storage Boxes to bring upstairs.



Supplies and Tools

Adhesive 
Alphabet stamps small. Alphabet stencil. 
Brads 
Bone folder 
Bulldog clips small. 
Card stock scrap pack Coloring Pencils 
Containers Craft Knife Cutting mat. 
Date stamp 
Disposable containers Embossing tools 
Eye-shadow applicators Emory boards 
Eraser brush. 
Guillotine Glue Gun 
Glue sticks
Ink-pads 
Ink pad holder. 
Journal pens 
Heat proof mat. 
Hole punch small. 
Magnetic spice holders 
Metal magnetic baskets 
Nail clipper Big
Nail Clipper small 
Notebook 
Paper-trimmer 
Paint. 
Paintbrushes 
Pencils 
Pen holder. 
Pencil Eraser 
Pencil holders. 
Pencil sharpener 
Pens (acid-free) 
Photo Corners 
Pop Dots 
Retractable Eraser 
Rubber Stamps Favorites Ruler (Metal cork back) Scissor Big 
Scissor Edging 
Scissor Small 
Scissor Medium 
Scrap paper 
Stamp Cleaner 
Tissues 
Tool-holder Tall 
Toothpicks 
Tweezers 
Water-bottle 
Wet wipes.


YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: 

I♥ my Råskog.


My Craft-room. 



Tokeloshe ©

No comments: