21.8.18

CR8.



I created one 12"x 12" page. My inspiration was Witching you a Merry Christmas by Cheryl Lindsay from Murrieta, California, U.S.A. in the Nov/Dec 2016  Somerset Studio magazine.






 

  Some of the supplies and tools I used were: Patterned paper Pizzaz sheets by Hot off the press, Walnut Ink Tsuneko, Clear Scraps-Mascils-12 x 12 Masking Stencil-Sprockets GearsClear Scraps-Mascils -12 x 12 Masking Stencil-Cog Wheels, alphabet stamps, card-stock, hot glue, glue gun acrylic paint, Tombow adhesive, eye-shadow applicators, ink-pads, wood alphabet and number, Hairspray, black mist spray etc.

 


Paint Technique usedAltered Halloween Books Tutorial, new and improved! by Better After.

Making the Hot Glue Embellishments:






Mannequin Doll Template. 


I printed the template on paper.
I worked on a glass sheet that I had.
Because I am working on a glass sheet I can turn it around.
I taped the template onto the glass sheet with painter’s tape.
I taped wax paper over the template.
Heat glue gun for at least 5 minutes.
Have glue sticks ready.
When the glue gun was hot enough,
I traced the design with Hot glue on top of the wax paper.
I find it very relaxing to trace the lines.

Wait for the glue to harden.
Hint: Melt away the glue gun strings with a hairdryer.
Soak the embellishments  in water to remove it from the wax-paper and clean the back with Rubbing alcohol, to remove the last bits of paper. Use tweezers to remove stubborn pieces of paper from inside the holes.
I covered the glue with layers of acid-free paint.
Please note, do not use Hot glue for photos, the heat and acidity can harm your photos.


Tokeloshe ©

No comments: