5.5.04

South-Africa


Me at Calgary, Alberta, Airport.

In May 2004 we went on a short two week trip to South Africa. It was very tiring, as half the time we spent traveling. We flew there high north; I got ready to sleep as the sun set, but within an hour it was sunrise again, which threw me. We had an 8 hour stop over at Frankfurt and because we knew we still had a trip ahead, we stayed at the airport and tried to sleep.


We arrived in S.A with a warm welcome. S.A. impressed me, as I had expected deterioration. We had a digital camera so we took many photos.




 We spent a weekend in Richardsbay, but the rest of the time we visited family in T.V.L. On our way back we flew over Iceland in the daytime which was one large mass of white.

I was very excited as my dad gave me some very old family negatives, photographs, mementos etc. some of which are over a hundred years old. I have scanned and printed most and am slowly adding them to my Homepage.

More photos here.

Tokeloshe ©


No comments: