17.1.21

Xhosa Lady.

"Ubuntu ungamntu ngabanye abantu."
A person becomes a person through other people". Popular Xhosa Quote ― Xhosa Quote

I made this Xhosa Lady in pottery in the late 1980's.

I rediscovered one of the sketches I made and used it as a sketch for my art journal.

Supplies: Selectum Tracing Paper, Strathmore Cold press Watercolor paper, waterproof pencils watercolor pencils, stencil , acrylic paint, water, eraser, etc. 

"Face painting, or umchokozo, plays a big role in Xhosa culture, and women decorate their faces with white or yellow ochre, and use dots to make patterns on their faces. The decorations are sometimes painted over their eyebrows, the bridge of their noses, and cheeks."- Xhosa culture: the clans and customs.

You might also like: 

 

My Pottery.

Tokeloshe ©

No comments: