23.2.20

My Steampunk Hat.


“Take off your hat," the King said to the Hatter. 
"It isn't mine," said the Hatter. "Stolen!" the King exclaimed, turning to the jury, 
who instantly made a memorandum of the fact. 
"I keep them to sell," the Hatter added as an explanation; 
"I've none of my own. I'm a hatter.”― Lewis Carroll, 
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland &Through the Looking-Glass.


I created two 12"x 12" pages using photos of the Steampunk Hat that I made. 
You can see more of my hats here.


Close up of chipboard, brads, wooden letters, Gears, etc.


Close up of cardboard gear.

 

 I painted the chipboard and letters black and then when they were dry, I added gold acrylic paint with a fan brush.

My inspiration was Mirror Mirror by Robin Shakoor from
Creating Keepsakes Sept/Oct 2012 Robin Shakoor's Gallery - Scrapbook.com

SUPPLIES: 


Viva Decor Steampunk Gear Background Stamp.


Time to celebrate Graphic 45 Cling acrylic stamp



Gears stencil.

 
“Time to Fly” cling stamp by Paper relics.
Classic Flourish Filigree Cling Stamp by Inkadinkado
Ranger Ink – Perfect Pearls Mists
Clear Scraps – Mascils – 
12 x 12 Masking Stencil – Cog Wheels

Clear Scraps – Mascils – 
12 x 12 Masking Stencil – Sprockets Gears

 

Prima - Finnabair - Wood Mounted Stamps - Rusty Cog, Vintage elegance Metallic stickers, wooden letters, card-stock, chipboard, acrylic paint, paint-brushes, chipboard, fan-paint brush, eye-shadow applicators,  ink-pad, mists, Brayer, adhesive, mounting squares foam pads, brads, etc.


TECHNIQUES
 


Background made with mists, stencils, stamps and ink.

 

  Hint: I pour my mists over in smaller mister bottles and dilute them with Alcohol. I attach the small misters to the bottles with elastics. Caution: When working with alcohol, make sure you are in a well ventilated area.




No comments: