2.8.19

Paper Dolls


paper doll

noun

Definition of paper doll: a paper or cardboard representation of a person usually in two dimensions for children to play with.


This layout is 12" x 12"
 
My inspiration was: "Best Friends" by Christy Riopel from Canadian Scrapbook magazine Summer 2013.

 

Hint: I punched out circles with a punch, using Elmer's repositionable glue and covered the openings of the letters to prevent the ink from covering them. You can also use sticky notes.

 


 I used a plastic sink mat which I got at the dollar-store as a mask. I used the same mask for my Mirra layout.


Supplies and tools: Margarita Memories Mists, alphabet stencil, Card-stock, ruler, pencil, eraser, Black Zig Millennium writer, Black Ink-pad, Eye-shadow applicator, 3D pop squares, photo mounting squares,  Crafts Brand spray paint from the Dollar store, small scissors, etc.

Sources: Free Doll Collage Template by Stacy Cohen at Creating Keepsakes. Collage Paper Living green Artist paper Designed by Raquel Joya for Stampington and company 


Some of my mom's paintings, she painted under the name Mirra.


My mother Miriam Smit was a self-taught artist. When I was about 6 years old, she made some paper-dolls for me. I remember they were very beautiful, but unfortunately they didn’t last long. These photos of my mom’s paintings remind me of them, as they were painted in the same style. I am fortunate to have a few of my mother’s paintings and photos of most.

 

Although My mother painted mostly with oils, this looks like a watercolor.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: 

Mirra.

TOKELOSHE ©

No comments: