25.8.01

Moose Mountain


On Sunday we went with friends on the Moose Mountain hike in Kananaskis. It was a lovely day; we took backpacks with warm clothes, water and pad-kos. The hike up the mountain is about 14 kilos there and back. It is a steep climb up to about 1000M. There were many other hikers, some at least 20 years older than we were. It was tough with loose gravel, but fortunately cool, even cold and windy at the top, with a lovely view. There is a fire lookout at the top. It took us about 5 hours, with frequent rests, I almost gave up many times. But, I did it. We are all very sore. I was so glad we had walking sticks. This is the longest and toughest hike I have ever had. At least we had no blisters, just a little sunburn. A helicopter flew over us, close to the end, so silly me waves both her arms saying: “I wonder what they will do if you say H-E-L-P!” It kept on circling around us and I got very worried, fortunately they eventually left.

No comments: