25.2.18

Pen Pals.


I created one 12" x 12" scrapbook page using a photo of my dad and one of he's pen-pals. He had many pen-pals with which he exchanged letters, postage stamps, postcards, etc. You can see more of he's postcards here. My inspiration was "Pen Pals" by Misty Posey from the book  Memories in the Making: It's All about Travel and Vacation By Nancy M. Hill.




Close up of pen-nib, postage stamp, picture frame, etc. The pull out tab reveals more information. File Tab Stickers With Inspirational Sayings by K&Company. The technique I used on the frame was DIY Crackle Paint With Elmer’s Glue. 


I decorated the background using travel and postage themed rubber-stamps and ink.

 

 FAUX POST POSTAGE Stamps COLLAGE BY INKADINKADO Wood Rubber Stamp.

 

Inkadinkado Letter Wood Mounted Stamp 


Stampin' Up! Travels Abroad Stamp Set (Retired) 


Inkadinkado 93432 "World Traveler" Wood stamp.

Some of the other supplies and tools  I used were: Tsukineko Walnut Ink Antiquing Solution, Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad - Vintage Photo, Far away place postage stamps from Stampington & Co, mesh, slide-frames, eyeshadow applicator, alphabet stencil, airmail stickers, Black Smash pen by K & Co, Brown Calligraphy pen by Zig, text from Premo SCULPEY STAMPLETS Rubber Stamping Kit Clay CLASSIC DESIGNS, Card-stock, postage stamps, acrylic paint, paint brushes, photo corners, adhesive, hot glue, glue gun, etc.

   


I used 12" x 12" acid-free divided photo protector sleeves to include some of the postcards in my album.

  

You might also like: 




Tokeloshe©

No comments: