18.3.17

Namesake




 I scrap-booked two 12"x 12" pages using photos of my aunt as a baby, my great-aunt, Dad, grandmother and grandfather. Dad's sister was named after her grandmother Christina Philippina Margaretha Truter (20.10.1861 -8.12.1945) I have scrap-booked my great-grandmother and you can see the layout here. Most of the photos were taken at The Grand Parade, in Cape Town, South Africa Circa 1939. There is more information on the tags. I have also scrap booked my Great aunt before, which you can see here The scrapbook of my father, aunt, grandmother and grandfather is here. My inspiration was "A little child" from the book "Creative Paper Techniques for Scrapbooks (Memory 
Makers) 


Close up of dried flowers.


Close up of fairy tag, fibers, button and ribbon.



On my table.

 

I spritzed the background with Grape flavored Kool-Aid, which I mixed with a 100 ml of 70 % alcohol in a spray bottle. The Kool-Aid mix is a grungy color, which I like. Next time I will try to get unsweetened Kool-Aid as The sweetened Kool-Aid is sticky, but it also smells nice ;-) I labeled the bottle with the empty packet for future use.

 

I use a hairdryer to speed up drying time.



Possible supplies gathered in a 13"x 13" Iris container.


Prima - Finnabair - Vintage Vanity Collection - Clear Acrylic Stamps - Music Notes

Some of the supplies and tools I used were:  By Stampland Fantasy Stampinsisters #1768, Rubber Stamp PSX Fairy With Butterfly Wings, wings by Our lady of rubber" stamp, Stamps Happen 80039 Oval Clover Frame Rubber Stamp, Gift-wrap (Flowers), ribbon, a button, a brad, hot glue, glue-gun, card-stock, a tag template, corner rounder( Nail-clipper, dried flowers, K and Company - SMASH Collection - Pen and Glue Stick - Black, Elegant Eggplant Marker by Stampin' up!, 3 D pop dots, etc.
Note: The gift-wrap isn't acid free, but I covered it with Modge Podge from Plaid using a foam brush.
Sources: Six Free Gift Tag Templates. FREE Curvy Pattern Coloring Page

 Techniques: Fussy cutting, decoupage, collage, etc.

You might also like: 

  
 




Tokeloshe ©


No comments: