10.4.00

Canoeing, May 2000

Mr. T got a canoe and sometimes goes out on th Bow river.

I went with him in the canoe from Marquees d’ Lorne trail to Policemen’s flats. As it was the first time we did this stretch we had no idea how long we would be, our guess was anything from 3-6 hours. Mr T. didn’t know that I couldn’t row, I didn’t
know, that Mr. T. didn’t know. So I packed sun-tan lotion, a book, etc. in a denim rucksack.

We hardly got in, when before I could put my bag in the plastic tote, small rapids hit us, which wet my shoes, my butt, my bag, my nice soft pillow, etc. Fortunately it wasn’t cold so it was not to bad. No reading for me. Mr.T. fishes and I try and keep the boat from the sides and facing front. After and hour of this, we tried to moor, crashed into the bank, is more of a description. We lay under the trees on a sleeping bag and made hot tea and I thought I am not going to make it. Fortunately we arrived at our destination an hour later. So next time we can hopefully take it slowly, go around the islands, take more photographs and enjoy the scenery. We saw lots of birds, ducks, Geese, seagulls, Finches etc. It was very nice.

Tokeloshe

No comments: